Recommend Blog: Quirky Cooking
Blogger’s name: “Jo” or “Quirky Jo” or Jo Whitton
Blogging from: Queensland, Australia since 2008
Read it now at: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com
About the blog:
Jo is a mother, artist, home-school teacher, Thermomix recipe developer and consultant in Queensland Australia. Her specialty is using Thermomix to tweak and create allergy-friendly versions or everyday recipes, thereby making them healthier and more interesting. (other specialties include ‘organizing’ and efficient multi-tasking!) Bonus — Quirky Cooking Thermomix recipes are wheat free (sometimes gluten free), naturally sweetened, mostly dairy free recipes.
Jo says, “Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring or difficult. Imagine. Experiment. Create. Have fun. Learn how to be a quirky cook!” And Jo’s Quirky Cooking blog is certainly all of the above. With imaginative, accomplished photography and a super busy facebook following to match, this woman is Australia’s healthy Thermomix powerhouse. (Note there is a also a new Quirky Cooking Cookbook due for release in May 2014!)
Why visit the Quirky Cooking Thermomix blog?
- Great visual appeal, Jo presents each recipe with much artistry.
- Healthy variety of creative and less commonplace Thermomix recipes. Watch for sugar-free, dairy-free, wheat-free (some gluten-free), some nut-free alternatives, and some raw recipes too.
- Quirky Cooking recipes often include nutritional information that is relevant and appropriate. Don’t miss Jo’s discussion of Refined Sugar vs Natural Sweeteners, and several recipes for Dairy Free Alternatives
- Join the Quirky Cooking email list to receive recipe ideas with photos, tips, updates and more.
- Well executed recipes, thorough instructions without being overly chatty. A perfectly balanced blog!
- Don’t miss these Quirky Cooking Thermomix recipes favourites: Raw Macadamia Lime (Dairy Free) Cheesecake, Home-made Ferrero Rocher Chocolates (Dairy and Gluten Free), Dairy-Free ‘Carbonara’, Flourless Pecan Cake, and Gluten Free Pizza Base.