Want to buy a Thermomix? Here’s how to do it!
1) First, read all about Thermomix, and watch Thermomix videos.
2) Request a consultant demo from a local rep. (If you’ve decided to buy a Thermomix, it’s ALWAYS best to buy it new, from an authorized consultant/advisor in your area.)
Despite the advantages of buying from a Thermomix consultant/advisor, many people still ask about buying a used Thermomix and/or how to buy Thermomix online. (This is understandable… because no matter where in the world you live, the super kitchen machine has a high price. A used Thermomix is hard to find…
Why is it so hard to find a used Thermomix?
- Passionate attachment — people who buy Thermomix usually fall in love with it in a way that is not seen with any other appliance brand. After we start using it we hold on tight and will not let it go! Yes, even taking it on holiday to avoid “Thermomix withdrawal”.
- Short supply, great demand — the global supply of used Thermomix is extremely limited so if, for some unusual reason there is a used Thermomix for sale somewhere, it will be bought very quickly — and usually at a high price, relative to new. For example a used Thermomix that is three to five years old will easily fetch about 80% of new price. At that rate it just makes sense to buy new.
UPDATE: more used Thermomix in 2015 due to launch of new TM5
- Launch of Thermomix TM5 in September 2014 created unprecedented demands for the new TM5 model and a subsequent resale of many used TM31 on websites of used goods around the world. While Thermomix holds its value well, there is now some competition to sell these older models, which are highly-prized by many. (In many cases users even prefer the more “mechanical aspects of the TM31, over the digital functionalities of the TM5.)
- To check availability of used Thermomix in Australia we recommend the Thermomix pages on Gumtree Australia.
- For used Thermomix in UK try these Thermomix pages on Gumtree UK.
- For used Thermomix in Canada check your local Kajijji site.
Tips for buying used Thermomix:
- Warning! Be very careful if you find a used Thermomix for sale. Things are not always as they seem. If a deal sounds too good to be true, it is. There have been cases of internet fraud, where stolen machines with forged documents were taken by police. Also, (hard to believe but true) some people have paid a lot of money to buy Thermomix online and received instead, the toy Bimby made for children (!) This happened because they did not pay attention to details about the product for sale. Buying a new Thermomix avoids this trouble.
- Occasionally, a Thermomix fan will opt to sell a used Bimby… usually this happens when a Thermomix owner moves to another country and their existing machine does not meet electrical standards of the new home. In such cases a Thermomix will be advertised on local websites for used goods. It’s always best to travel and view the machine first-hand to ensure quality is as stated before buying. Don’t get too excied… check it out before you buy a used Thermomix!
- psst — it pays to follow on Twitter! Occasionally, a used Thermomix from a reliable source (a friend who is moving overseas etc.) will be posted for sale. Such rare offerings are immediately tweeted and usually sell quickly, so it helps to follow on Twitter and be first to know!