No matter how we slice it, Christmas time usually comes with a lot of extra work. Well maybe “work” is not the best word for it, but festive times arrive with a unique set of extra tasks, needs, wants, plans and to-do lists. Even the most organized among us may struggle with meal choices, menu plans and the general, overwhelming, busy feelings attached to the word “December”. Having the power of a Thermomix TM5 or TM31 in the kitchen helps turn the work into fun, but still there are decisions to be made about what to cook for gifting, for the home table, and what to cook for the sole purpose of seasonal indulgence. Enter Tenina.
Tenina: most prolific Thermomix cookbook authour
Tenina is the Australian recipe developer behind more English language cookbooks than anyone else. (I’ve lost track of how many books she’s produced.) For me, each new release is more enticing than the previous. Seriously. Tenina’s new Merry Christmix Too is the second ebook to help us with Christmas decisions, and its recipes are even more gorgeous and more tempting than those in Merry Christmix, released in 2012. Tenina’s recipes are predictably taste-teasing and reliable. So this December, relax… this collection of Thermomix Christmas recipes is all you need to plan an easy festive time.
What’s on my Thermomix Christmas recipe list?
Tenina’s recipes are always straightforward to prepare and a perfect match for my own tastes. On swipping through the recipe pages of Merry Christmix Too I quickly found myself making mental notes of the recipes I’d be using this season. Oops — that list quickly became too long. (The fact that this book has so many recipes to tempt means I’ll be using it far beyond this festive season!) Here then is my SHORT LIST for this year’s fave Christmas recipes from Tenina’s new ebook.
- Almond Orange Lace cookies – elegant and gluten free, perfect for gifting or guilt-free nibbling at home.
- Gingerbread Twigs – omg! The perfect mix of nuts, seeds and spices shaped into little “twigs” like we’d find in a wintery forest floor, except prettier!
- Cointreau Orange Curd – did I mention there’s Cointreau in this festive curd? Ooh la la!
- Peanut Butter Chips – go on, order the book now cuz you need this.
- Chewy Salted Caramels with Chocolate – easy, peasy treaty morsels we can make ahead.
- Salted Caramel Brazil Nut Milk – perfect for Christmas morning and we can use the nut pulp in the next recipe!
- Nut Milk Pulp Hummus – if you make nut milks with Thermomix, you’ll devour this recipe. (Add toasted sesame oil for extra exotic results.)
- Coconut Peppermint Egg Nog – can we have two Christmas morning drinks?
- Rosemary Buttermilk Roll Wreath – gorgeous, aromatic, edible centrepiece. My family will devour this without any encouragement :)
- Parmesan Puff Pasty Twists – this extra crispy recipe contains vodka and I can’t wait to sample the result
- Feta Walnut Pate – oh my, so easy and filled with the elusive flavours that make for a party-food hit!
- Avocado, Chili and Mandarin Salad – a glorious fresh combination of Australian-inspired ingredients to reset the palate…
The list above is my own short list, but Tenina’s Merry Christmix Too also contains recipes for putting chicken, ham, salmon, ice cream, cranberries — and much more — on your table. Most recipes are gluten-free and/or vegan. This is a very accessible collection of Thermomix Christmas recipes for fans of the super kitchen machine. Remember, it’s an ebook, so you can download it right now and be on top of your Christmas plans within minutes!