T’is definitely the season for new Thermomix cookbooks! Even if you are head down preparing for Christmas, it’s hard to miss the gorgeous offerings from well-known authors appearing almost weekly. And as we make room in our kitchens for the promise of more large format books coming soon there’s one digital gem that should be on everyone’s e-reading device to help get us through the next month of breakfasts… and beyond.
What’s for Breakfast?
by Tenina Holder
30+ Thermomix breakfast recipes, ebook format
How to order: iPad, tablet, computer downloads click here
First let me say that Tenina never disappoints. She is the most prolific Thermomix recipe developer on the planet. All that and her recipes are consistently straightforward and make for good family feeding. One of the most challenging meals for busy parents to prepare is breakfast. How many of us fall into the breakfast rut… grabbing same ingredients day after day while wishing we had the distraction-free time and resolve needed for early morning creativity? (My hand is way up for this!)
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this the first book dedicated to Thermomix breakfast recipes? For sure it’s the first ebook to do so. And whether you are a “hurry up and get me through this as fast as possible” breakfast type… or the “I want to make it healthy and long-lasting” type, or you’re in the mood for “something different today” — there are recipes here for you.
Ooops! The Cranberry-Orange Butter bon-bons in the photo above are not part of Tenina’s Coconut Banana Bread recipe — just a last minute experiment… thinking about Christmas while baking breakfast ;-)
Ready or not, it’s morning!
Okay, whether you’re awake or still half asleep I know you’re going to love how these Thermomix breakfast recipes are beautifully photographed and colour-coded for easy reference. There are three sections: the quick and easy, the easy plan-ahead recipes, and weekend recipes. In each section we find twists on familiar fare plus welcome surprises. (Tenina even surprised herself with some new quinoa breakfast recipes.)
Check out a few personal faves (partial list, not a full table of contents!):
- I love Tenina’s easy almond porridge that is seriously filling, gluten free, yummy and healthy. Did I mention easy… it’s perfect for Thermomix beginners ;-)
- surprisingly guilt-free and oh-so-cute Quinoa and
- Spicy Maple Baked Beans for those of us who love a robust savoury morning treat
- a dairy-free Horchata that is too easy and too-die-for!
- quirky jams that involve basil, pepper, and lavender… oooh
- a Thermomix “make your own ingredient” recipe for Cinnamon Baking Chips — great concept I can’t wait to try!
- make-at-home breakfast cereal and grain-free granola
- quinoa brown rice porridge “more filling than oats, more protein than steak” and pretty on the plate… what’s not to like about that?
- how about making your own Pork Sausage Patties? (Top of my list!)
- Coconut Waffles anyone? Let these be the canvas for your hungry creativity…
- and possibly my favourite Thermomix breakfast of all: Roasted Stone Fruit with Oat and Nut Meringue… something I would never have considered making before owning the super kitchen machine…
Tenina’s “What’s for Breakfast” ebook that gives us just what we need for inspiration, delivered with bite-sized intros of her expert guidance and personality. (I love Tenina’s writing — don’t ever skip over the notes!)