It might surprise some who follow this blog to learn that I’m not deeply in love with technology. I’ve been working online since 1996 and even then found reason to cringe at some societal changes looming down the road. Okay, sure… there are a few technological advances that I do indeed appreciate. Like the super kitchen machine used several times each day to cook fresh organic food from the garden outside my door. Also, I applaud the technology that delivers gorgeous Thermomix ebook recipes into the hands of friends around the world in mere seconds. Wow — ebooks, ipads, and Thermomix are made for each other and with all three at my fingertips there’s really not much more a person could want.
alyce alexandra’s Quick Fix ebooks make life easy
alyce is no newbie to the world of Thermomix. With her series of “Quick Fix Thermomix” books, cooking classes and videos, she has built a solid fan base in Australia. I expect “Quick Fix: every occasion” will land her in many more kitchens around the world because this is a hefty piece of work. And I mean hefty in a very good way. At more than 300 pages, Quick Fix Every Occasion has much to offer, and so many ways to ease the challenge of planning festive meals. The hard-cover book edition is substantial and satisfying. And the easy-access Thermomix ebook (iTunes edition) makes life just that much more fun.
What’s to love about Quick Fix: Every Occasion?
- First things first — the photos are sumptuous while understated. This book is a feast for the eyes. There is a photo for each recipe (yay — not all cookbooks do this!)
- Organization of recipes is meticulous and makes life easy. Recipes are arranged by themes and categories. Want an Asian themed recipe? There are nine. Recipes for a champagne breakfast? There are twelve. How about for a child’s party? Take your pick from eleven yummy recipes. If you need something to bring to a party, it’s easy — choose from eleven easy to carry recipes that will make people swoon. Oh, no wait… there’s a whole separate category just for “recipes that are sure to impress”. There are “recipes that can be frozen”, barbecue recipes, and those that are “perfect to cook when the fridge is empty. Of course, there are Christmas recipes! ” There are lunchbox recipes, and those that will cure a hangover. Trust me, with this book in hand you will not be wanting for recipes.
- Plus, there are sample menus, preparation and storage tips at the end of each chapter. Sidebar symbols tell us which recipes are dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian, or vegan.
- With more than 300 pages, there are plenty of recipes here to suit every taste. I couldn’t stop bookmarking pages! The first recipe to try was “Fig and Olive Crakers” — a sweet and salty combination that was as irresistible in the hand as it was on the page. (See photo below, they tasted even better than they look!) Tested out perfectly when sampled with aged cheddar, veggie paté, cream cheese, and with Thermomix grape jam for dessert. If you’ve never made your own artisan crackers, I highly recommend you start now; the process is easy and extremely rewarding.
Say cheers to “every occasion”
- We love to share food at special times, but there is even more enjoyment when planning is easy. That’s why this book is a keeper. Just think about these for a minute and see if you can live without the book: Chocolate Figs with Honey Ice Cream, Greek Style Calamari, Roasted Pork Belly, Beetroot Relish, Egg Paté with Caviar, Pinwheel Sausage Rolls, Cheesy Cauliflower Bake, Christmas Ice Cream (omg!)
- Have I mentioned none of these recipes are overly complicated and there are plenty of helpful tips along the way? Nuff said.
- To order alyce alexandra hard-cover books click here
- To order Quick Fix Thermomix ebooks from iTunes click here