video: Vorwerk Thermomix factory keeps growing!
Once again the world’s only Vorwerk Thermomix factory is in the news and Thermomix fans can glimpse a wee video peek inside its walls. Thanks to last week’s french-language report from LaMontagne.fr (translation below the video) we can see for ourselves how Vorwerk Thermomix adapts to growth at its unique global production plant.
Sorry — your device needs to be flash-enabled to see this video.
View on LaMontagne.fr
According to the video’s narration
and report by Sylia Catarino:
- There have been 6,917,000 Vorwerk Thermomix machines produced by the factory in France since 1972. (Probably more than 7 million machines today, as the video is from September 13, 2012). As we know from this article, the Vorwerk-Semco factory at Cloyes-sur-Loir is the only one in the world producing the multi-functional kitchen appliance.
- Our homes have become a fashion statement and the Thermomix is designed to be used at home and to do it it all. It can mix, grind, it can weigh, and it has a revolutionary motor which can turn 40 – 10,00o revolutions per minute in both directions. Thermomix is the only home appliance that can spin forward and backward in this way.
- With an increase of 50% in French sales, the factory is having to adapt to growth more than ever. Previously two shifts were kept busy per day, and now a third (night shift) has been added as new job openings are created and more hours are being offered to meet the increasing demand for Thermomix production.
- In 2011 the factory’s 197 employees assembled and prepared 660,000 Thermomix kitchen machines for world-wide distribution. And with one Thermomix sold every 20 seconds in the world, the future of this factory looks bright. There is a steady 10% increase in demand, so the factory must produce 10% more per year with a view toward ever more growth.
- (Okay let’s do a little more math now: one Thermomix sold every 20 seconds means 3 per minute right?… err… 180 per hour? That would be 4320 per day?) I’m not sure how all those numbers truly add up, but one thing we know for sure is that Thermomix is growing in popularity and the times, they are a changing.