People who attend a Thermomix demo will often sample the consultant’s Lemon Custard recipe. For many who taste it, this gently sweetened classic dessert becomes a “go to” comfort food to be repeated as soon as the new kitchen machine is delivered. And why not — it’s a super simple recipe that can be dressed up or down and pleases all age groups.
Usually custard is made with cow’s milk but for those who are frugal and/or lactose intolerant the easy Thermomix Lemon Custard Recipe can be made with coconut milk. We can choose to use thick or… light coconut milk for a less rich result that still satisfies the craving. And there’s an economic reason for this tweak too: by making our own coconut milk (from “Fast and Easy Indian Cooking”), we cut the cost of custard by about 50%!
- 80 g (2.8 oz) sugar
- 500 g (17.6 oz) coconut milk (make your own)
- 2 eggs
- 30 g (1 oz) flour
- zest of one lemon (I choose organic lemons for zesting)
- optional: dry coconut and/or dried maple sugar for sprinkling on top
- Grind sugar with lemon zest for 10 seconds/speed 8.
- Add eggs, coconut milk, flour and cook for 7 minutes/90ºC/195ºF/speed 4.
- Pour into small bowls and serve warm or allow to cool and refrigerate.
- see how to make Coconut milk with Thermomix
- see how to make Coconut butter from dessicated coconut