What is a Thermomix demo?
About half this blog’s visitors are curious about how to buy a Thermomix. For many, it’s a big surprise to learn that Thermomix is not sold in stores or online, but through local representatives (consultants) who demonstrate the machine’s abilities at home, in the kitchens of those who want to know more. This sales model is proven to work well, as everyone can touch, see, smell and taste for themselves before deciding to buy. Thermomix demos are known to be relaxed gatherings where friends share food, drinks and new cooking ideas in a low-pressure home setting. The hardest part of hosting or attending a Thermomix demo is probably deciding to let it happen. The rest is simply fun.
It’s understandable that not everyone will jump to order an in-home demo because frankly, we might be hesitant to have an unknown entity (aka Thermomix demonstrator) come into our house for dinner. Any sane person would probably get a little jittery about letting that same stranger loose to cook up a storm in our kitchen (!) So if you are one of this blog’s many readers who has wondered about the Thermomix demo, take a deep breath now — and read on.
Questions about Thermomix in-home demonstration
When we first consider buying a Thermomix it’s natural for such questions to arise:
- What kind of person will the demonstrator/consultant be?
- What will they cook? (Will this be ‘different’ food from what I’m used to?)
- How long will this demo take? Will I have to pay for anything?
- How ‘pushy’ will the consultant be?
- Will I feel obligated to buy an expensive machine?
- What will my friends think?
- What if I REALLY LIKE this Thermomix thing… how will my family react and how will we afford it?
Answers about Thermomix demos
Thermomix demonstration procedures will vary slightly depending on where you live. And since I do not sell Thermomix and am not a demonstrator, I will defer to the experts:
- Friendly Thermomix demonstrators Bernie and John in South Australia have posted a page on their “Tick of Yum” blog about what happens at a Thermomix demonstration (including demo options)
- Also don’t miss Bernie and John’s video snippet from a Thermomix demo in Adelaide
- Read a personal account (with photos) of a typical in-home demo
- Read how Kristen found and bought her Thermomix
- To find a Thermomix demonstrator near you, click here.
What do YOU know?
Are you a demonstrator or a Thermomix customer who can tell us something about your Thermomix demonstration? (Maybe you have a demo photo to submit?) Please do comment below (feel free to share a link), so we can all know more! Your comment might even inspire someone to ask for a demo ;-)