A little eye-candy about the Thermomix Varoma may not be everyone’s idea of must-see video, but for some people, this promotional clip from Vorwerk (below) helps answer the oft-asked question “What is a Varoma?”
click above to start video (Problems viewing? Please let me know.)
What makes this video worth watching?
- The promo video introduces the Varoma to people who are researching Thermomix. Yes — this is a slick promotional clip from Vorwerk (manufacturer of Thermomix). No — I don’t work for Thermomix or Vorwerk. But (hello!) — there are many “Thermo-Seekers” who visit here each day to research the super kitchen machine before buying. This video is now part of that research.
- The Thermomix Varoma is a cleverly designed steamer that sits atop the TM31 machine. (It’s not always there, just at the times when you need it.) Despite its revolutionary odd shape, the Varoma adds important functionality to Thermomix and greatly extends its ‘reach’ in the kitchen. (psst… Varoma is included with each Thermomix sold, it is not an add-on.) If you don’t yet own a Thermomix, this video gives a glimpse into the Varoma’s design and into some of its function. (Savvy Thermomix fans have found many more uses for the Varoma than are shown in the video…)
- For those who already own a Thermomix, this video may serve as a little reminder about getting friendly with your Varoma.
- Are you wondering about the use of “plastics” in the Varoma? This was a big question in my mind as I was researching to buy Thermomix. There is more about foodsafe polypropolene parts used in Thermomix in a discussion on the forum. (This information helped me a great deal, if you are thinking about buying a Thermomix, I recommend you check it out.)
- Important questions about cooking with Varoma are asked and answered on the forum. These include discussions about the best speed to use with Varoma, and more.
- Cook along with this easy video recipe for a traditional Spanish fish while demonstrating the Varoma in action.
- Are you a Thermomix fan? How do you use your Varoma?
Problems viewing this video? Please let me know.