Tips for Thermomix beginners (and helpful links!)
updated September 2012
Dear Thermomix beginner;
We’ve all been there… We are excited to have Thermomix in the kitchen… But what to do first? Many of us get help from the consultant who introduced us to Thermomix. But as Thermomix becomes more popular, more people are ordering sight-unseen, without a demo. If your Thermomix arrives in the mail, with no consultant to help you unpack and plug it in for the first time, what do you do? Here are some tip-filled links for having your first fun with Thermomix.
After ordering, and before Thermomix arrives:
- Unboxing Vorwerk Bimby if you haven’t seen this yet, here is a little video to get you in the mood for receiving your new Thermomix/Bimby
- Get a head start – Read the TM31 instruction manual online!
- read the blog Thermomix Meals to see how much help Thermomix can provide on a daily basis
- Is your kitchen ready for Thermomix? Preparation makes for an easier transition to Thermo-cookery. Check out these highly-recommended and oh-so helpful Thermomix-friendly kitchen kits!
1) It’s here! Now what do I do???
- read my Letter to a Friend My friend Sue bought Thermomix without ever having seen one or tried it (!). This personal letter includes tips on what to do first when Thermomix arrives in your kitchen.
- Tips and Tricks for New Owners gobs of advice from the mother of all Thermomix sites, at forumthermomix.com
- Plan ahead, see more helpful pages for Thermomix beginners
2) Don’t be shy! First recipes to try.
- What to do when you get your Thermomix Concise first-timer recipe ideas from Kate, a consultant in Auckland, New Zealand. Kate offers a few simple ideas, depending on your priorities… do you want to laugh, be organized, or impress?
- Quirky Cooking: Converting Recipes for the Thermomix Jo’s blog post about converting recipes includes some valuable tips for first cooking with Bimby until ready to move gradually toward adapting your own recipes. Says Jo, ” Some good ones to start with are the vegetable stock concentrate, custard, sorbet, bread, mashed potato, fried rice, risotto, stir fry veges, chicken & cashews with rice, pumpkin soup – just everyday recipes that are easy and quick.”
- Read blog posts from other Thermomix beginners: Feisty Tapas’ First Day with Thermomix
- From our recipe index, try these easy recipes for beginners: Isi’s Portuguese Bread, Odette’s Onions, Pizza Dough, Pizza Risotto, CADA Breakfast, and Tomato-Rosemary Surprise Soup (and more!)
3) Are we having fun yet? Time to share!
- Contact your favourite Thermomix consultant to book a demo at your house. Do it right now! Why not? A demo will introduce your friends to this super kitchen machine. It will show them first hand why you are so excited about cooking more healthy foods, more efficiently, with so much more fun than you ever thought possible. Not only will this serve to inform friends and family, but it will provide you with more tips, recipe ideas, and confidence.
- Get on the forum, register… and start chatting The Thermomix forum is a HUGE source of FRIENDLY support for all Thermomix users, but especially helpful to those who are just starting out. No question is too big or too small. Use the ‘search‘ function to see if someone has already talked about the subject you need, and don’t be shy to start your own topic.
- Leave a comment at the bottom of this page! This site is visited by sooo many curious people who don’t yet own a Thermomix. (In fact, there are hundreds like you reading this page every day!) These blog readers would love to hear that new users think…