Easy Thermomix Bread Recipe
Inspiration: The Thermomix bread recipe I bake most often is a modification of the basic Brioche dough found on page 116 of the cookbook “Everyday Cooking for Every Family”. I enjoy making this bread because there is no floury mess whatsoever, especially when using the Thermomix Silicone Mat. Here is my version.
- 630 g flour (use one type only or combine whole wheat/ multigrain/regular flours)
- 25 g sugar
- 300 g warm milk and water combined
- 10 g regular granulated yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 g olive oil
- 30 g butter
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp. ascorbic acid (This is simply powdered Vitamin C. It is readily available in North American healthfood stores. If not easy to find near you, just omit and you’ll be fine.)
- Put sugar in bowl and pulverize for 3 seconds at speed 9.
- Add warm liquid (water/milk), yeast, salt, butter, olive oil, flour, egg, ascorbic acid powder into the Thermomix bowl. Mix to combine for 10 seconds on speed 7.
- Set dial to closed lid position. Knead for 3 minutes on Interval speed.
- Remove dough and let rise for 30-60 minutes. (I put my dough in a bowl in the oven, at temperature 100°F/37° C. This way it rises nicely in about 30-45 minutes, depending on whether or not I have added the ascorbic acid.)
- After dough has risen, place into loaf pan or divide to make plaited bread. I usually paint with a wash of egg-white/milk, or egg-white/water, or milk/water… whatever is handy.
- Bake in a hot oven at about 395° (200C) for about 30 minutes, to golden brown. (I have a gas oven with convection option. Usually, I make two small plaits of bread and with the convection setting, they are ready in about 22 minutes.) So easy!