These are very rich brownies, not-so-sweet and very chocolaty. They defy the impression most people have of ‘raw food’, and have been a staple in the kitchen of my friend Billy for years.
The version below is adapted for Thermomix from the original which appears in Raw Food Made Easy by Jennifer Cornbleet.
Billy’s Best Brownies
- 160 g walnuts
- 240 g about 12 large whole pitted medjool dates
- 40 gr pure cocoa powder
- dash of salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Put walnuts and dash of salt in TM bowl. Process 10 seconds/speed 5.
- Add dates and process 10 seconds/speed 5. (Push down from sides of bowl with spatula if needed)
- Add vanilla and cocoa powder. Process 10 seconds/speed 5.
Important: Cool in fridge for at least two hours to firm up.
Additional note: If you're unable to find medjool dates, and you are using regular dates, you may need to add 1-2 Tbsp. of water for dough to become sticky enough. Any additional chopped nuts or dried fruit may be folded in by hand, just prior to pressing the mix into shape. And/or, you might choose to add Goji berries or pretty seeds on top of each brownie for decoration, as in the photo above.
Want more raw food desserts?
- I use and recommend recipes by The Raw Chef, Russell James (click banner below!) These colorful ebooks are quick to download wherever you live. Instructions are easy to follow and though recipes are not specific to Thermomix, they are easily adaptable by Thermomix fans.